- Version: 1.0.7
- Last updated: January 17, 2022
- Active Installations: 50+
- PHP Version: 7.2 or higher
Customizable multi-purpose ready Bootstrap starter theme with 17 custom theme styles from Bootswatch, fluid or fixed containers, sidebar & cover image position management, and visibility.
Installation and Requirements
You may already have installed the theme if you are here, but here are two ways to get this done.
- Install via WordPress setup. Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New Theme and then search for ‘Developry Lite’; Click Install and then Activate buttons.
- Install by downloading from WordPress Theme repository. Search for ‘Developry Lite’ and download it locally to your computer. Then go to Appearance > Themes > Add New Theme and select the Upload Theme button from the top of the page. Select the downloaded zip file from your computer and then click Install and Activate buttons.
Install the Recommended Plugins
Once you have your theme installed, you will get an admin notice message that you need to install the theme recommended plugins. This isn’t required, and you may have your own preferences for plugins so that you can skip this step.
To install, you must click the Begin installing plugins… link and then Install and Activate each plugin by clicking on the link below.
Install and Setup your Starter Website
Note: This will only work on freshly installed WordPress that hasn’t had any content added yet.
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, you can use our theme Starter Content feature, which will help you build your new website much easier.
To do that, go directly to Appearance > Customize and then click the Publish button.
The Developry Lite theme comes up with an almost full set of features even free of charge. Not only the core WordPress theme support but there are a few other custom theme options available via the Appearance > Customize > Theme Options panel.
Tags: blog, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, one-column, custom-background, custom-colors, custom-header, custom-logo, custom-menu, editor-style, featured-image-header, featured-images, flexible-header, footer-widgets, full-width-template, sticky-post, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready
WordPress Theme Support Features
The features below are theme-ready and accessible via the Appearance > Customize panels.
- Background Custom Colors – add custom background-color
- Custom Header – suggested image size with minimum width/height
- Custom Logo – suggested image size
- Custom Menu Editor Style – view the page front-end styles inside the WYSIWYG editor
- Featured Image – post & pages; suggested image size with minimum width/height
- Header Featured Images – suggested image size with minimum width/height
- Flexible Header
- Footer Widgets – 3 column footer widgets area available
- Front Page Posting
- Full-Width Template – full-width template available for pages without sidebar
- Sticky Post – sticky post with ‘PINNED’ text added
- Theme Options – custom theme features only for this theme
- Threaded Comments
- Translation Ready – ready to be translated in other languages
And even more.
- Starter Content – with one click you have your default pages and posts created on which you can build your new website; check our Getting Started video
- Navigation-Menus – 2 navigational menus (main & social links) ready to be used
- Responsive – the theme is fully responsive and renders perfectly on different screen sizes
- Covers – images added via thumbnails at the top of each post or page
- Page Excerpts – extra page excerpts help you to customize even further your pages with cover image (Hint: this feature need to be enabled via Screen Options)
- Contact Form 7 Ready – If you install and activate the Contact Form 7 plugin you can have a default contact form added to your Contact page
- Archives – template page which you can use display your site archives
Custom Theme Features
In addition to all of the above, a few other custom features are available only for our theme. They are very well described, with extensive text below each option. You can access the custom theme features by going to Appearance > Customize and selecting the Theme Options panel.
- Bootstrap 4 Custom Themes – select from over 10 different color themes
- Container Width – full screen or fixed container width
- Sidebar – move your sidebar left or right with one click, or don’t show it at all
- Featured Image – have a cover image at the top of your page and post via the Featured Image.
More Theme Features?
Yes, there is even more than all of the above.
If you install and activate the Developry Bootstrap 4 Shortcodes plugin, you can create pages with custom grids and one-, two-, three- or four-column layouts.
Tips and Tricks
Below, you can find quick screenshots with details and tips on how to customize and create your site with the Developry Lite theme.
Add Custom Logo and Favicon
To add a custom logo and favicon, go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity.
Hint: both images would be cropped accordingly with recommended sizes for the logo is 250×75 and a favicon of 512×512 pixels.
Change Theme Colors and Fonts
Customizing theme colors and fonts is easy with our custom Theme Options; with only one click, you can switch your site styles. To do that, go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options and change the default Theme option to one of the others.
Available themes are from Bootwatch, where you can see the full view of their styles. In our current version, the following themes are included: Cerulean, Cosmo, Flatly, Journal, Litera, Lumen, Sketchy, and United.
Change Container Width
Changing the width of the main container is also an easy task. To do that, go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options and change the Container select option.
Fixed (default) container width will change with the window size based on the Bootstrap breaks, while the Fluid container option would always stay 100% even for screens > 1200px.
Hide Page and Post Sidebar
Again another easy task with our custom Theme Options panel. Go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options and change the Sidebar select option.
The default is the traditional right sidebar, while you can move it to the left of the content or don’t have it showing up at all.
Hint: By using Full-Width Page template, you can apply no sidebar option to only one page (see next tip)
Enable and Update Page and Post Covers
Having cover-type images is very easy as well. Firstly, you need to enable the custom Theme Options field for Featured Image to show. Just go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options and make the update.
Step two is to add/update the Featured Image to your post or page.
Note: A default image would be attached for posts and pages without Featured Image (except the main blog page). However, you can change this and even have multiple randomized images via the Appearance > Customize > Header Image panel (see below for additional help).
Create a Full-width Page (without sidebar)
If you need a page without a sidebar (e.g., a home page or a page that would be customized with Developry Bootstrap 4 Shortcodes plugin), all you need to do is go to the desired page and change the Default Template to Full Width (no sidebar).
Note: Titles for full-width pages are not shown in the content area, and they’re used for the cover body overlay block.
Create Cover Page with Overlay Body
The video is coming soon.
Change the Default blank/empty Cover Image
While your Theme Options featured image is enabled, you will have a default / blank image loaded for posts and pages without featured images. If you want to change the default blank image with our theme or have multiple randomized images showing as covers, you need to go to Appearance > Customize > Header Image and upload your new placeholder(s).
Adding your Own Copyright Text
Changing the footer copyright text format is very easy as well. It would help if you went to Appearance > Widgets > Copyright or Appearance > Widgets and then added Text Widget to the Copyright widget block with your own text formatted as you would like.
Note: This will change the default © 2018 [Your site title linked]. All rights reserved. With the Text Widget content and change the layout of the footer slightly.
Update the Footer Nav Social Links
If you have a footer nav menu created and assigned, there are six available links for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram & Github, or Email Addresses.
If you load the Starter Content, these links will have some default targets; to change those, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus > Social Nav or Appearance > Menus and select Social Nav.
Need help with setup, installation, and usage? Check out our quick documentation below.
- Getting Started – quick installation and setup in three easy steps
- Features – theme features, examples, and usage
- Tips and Tricks – detailed tips and tricks on how to customize your new website
The latest version of the theme is available for download from the WordPress Theme repository. No need to worry about downloading and then uploading. Just search for Developry Lite in your WordPress installation Appearance > Themes > Add Themes section.
The theme works with the latest version of WordPress, PHP 5.2 or up, and the code has passed the Theme Check and Theme Sniffer tests.
License and Credits
I want to give credit where credit is due.
Below is the list with links to all the scripts, media, and software used to create the Developry Lite WordPress theme.
WordPress & WordPress Plugins
Bootstrap & Bootstrap Dependencies
Fonts, Icons, and Images
- Iconic – custom font icons
- Flaticon – social link icons
- Usplash – cover images @alvaro-serrano @clem-onojeghuo @jennifer-schmidt @nick-hillier @parker-whitson @stefan-cosma @samuel-zeller
As of right now, none.
Use the Support tab on this page to post your requests and questions.
All tickets are usually addressed within several days.
If your request is an add-on feature, we will add it to the plugin wish list and consider implementing it in the next major version.